Topics Map > Office 365 > Email
Office 365 - Outlook Desktop Client
The Outlook desktop client offers the full suite of Office 365 functionality. Even with all the basic and advanced email, calendar, and address book features, desktop clients have little mobility unless installed on a laptop. Supported versions include 2010, 2013, or 2016 for Windows and 2011, 2014, or 2016 for Mac.
The Outlook desktop client is recommended for those who...
- Prefer a desktop client over a web client.
- Manage multiple calendars or email accounts.
- Frequently schedule complex meetings.
- Must have offline access to email/calendar data.
- Require archiving, importing, and exporting capabilities.
- Do not require frequent mobile access.
Keep in mind that the Outlook desktop client...
- Requires installation and some initial setup.
- Always run in the background by default.
- Does not provide much mobility.
- Does not require a password after initial setup.