Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
New Freshmen - Admitted Student Steps Flow Chart
- $100 Confirmation Deposit confirms the students admission to UWM.
- A $150 New Freshman Fee will be posted with tuition charges.
- The $100 Confirmation Deposit is refundable if the student cancels their application and does not attend orientation and/or register for courses.
All Deposits can be Paid via the Following Methods
- In person at the UWM Office of Student Accounts, Mitchell Hall Room 285 with a check or debit card (no VISA).
- Send a check in the mail to P.O. Box 500, Milwaukee WI 53201-0500. Include the student's name and campus ID number in the memo line of the check.
- Online via https://paws.uwm.edu/ with MasterCard, American Express, or Webcheck.
Students may be eligible to use financial aid to cover the $100 Confirmation Deposit and/or $50 of the $100 University Housing Contract Pre-Payment/Deposit ($50 of this fee cannot be deferred and must be paid out of pocket). Students may apply for this deferment if both of the following apply to them:
- Completed the FAFSA at http://fafsa.gov/.
- Received the Pell Grant as part of their financial aid award.
Exceptions to these Fee Deferment requirements may be made in extreme cases. To defer one or both of these deposits, contact the New Student Orientation Office at 414-229-5842 or email@example.com. Students are required to meet with a financial aid advisor to discuss the future costs of college before a deferment is granted.