New Freshmen - Admitted Student Steps Flow Chart
The following information outlines the steps new students should take after they have been admitted. Please contact the New Student Orientation Office at 414-229-5842 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- $100 Confirmation Deposit confirms the students admission to UWM.All Deposits can be Paid via the Following Methods
- A $150 New Freshman Fee will be posted with tuition charges.
- The $100 Confirmation Deposit is refundable if the student cancels their application and does not attend orientation and/or register for courses.
- In person at the UWM Bursar Office, Mitchell Hall Room 285 with a check or debit card (no VISA).Financial Hardship
- Send a check in the mail to P.O. Box 500, Milwaukee WI 53201-0500. Include the student’s name and campus ID number in the memo line of the check.
- Online via https://paws.uwm.edu/ with MasterCard, American Express, or Webcheck.
Students may be eligible to use financial aid to cover the $100 Confirmation Deposit and/or $50 of the $100 University Housing Contract Pre-Payment/Deposit ($50 of this fee cannot be deferred and must be paid out of pocket). Students may apply for this deferment if both of the following apply to them:
- Completed the FAFSA at http://fafsa.gov/.Exceptions to these Fee Deferment requirements may be made in extreme cases. To defer one or both of these deposits, contact the New Student Orientation Office at 414-229-5842 or email@example.com. Students are required to meet with a financial aid advisor to discuss the future costs of college before a deferment is granted.
- Received the Pell Grant as part of their financial aid award.