Topics Map > Office 365 > Calendar
Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Searching for contacts/email addresses in the Shared Address Book/ Global Address List (GAL)
In Office 365/Outlook 2013, searching for contacts in the Global Address List (GAL) may not be intuitive. This document describes the process to find email addresses in both 2010 and 2013. In Outlook 2013, it can be difficult to find email addresses for contacts. In the general search function in the "To/cc/bcc" fields, Outlook can be strict in that it finds only exact matches, excluding most results if a name is misspelled or incomplete.
One method is to use the "More Columns" featurewhen searching the Global Address list. To get to the "More Columns" feature;
- Click on "To" in a new email message.
- In the resulting Search pop up, select the "More Columns" radio button and choose "Global Address List" from the Address Book drop-down menu
- Type in the contact name and click on "Go" to search, then choose the appropriate contact from the search results.
A second method is to click on the ''Advanced Search'' hyperlink within the Search popup:
- Click on ''To'' in a new email message and choose the ''AdvancedSearch'' within the ''Select Names: Offline Global Address List'' pop-up box.
- Enter whateverinformation you may have for the person you seek
- From theresultant list, click on the correct contact to add them to the distributionlist
If you have further questions on how to locate a contact in Outlook 2013, please contact the UITS Help Desk by clicking GetTechHelp.uwm.eduor by phone at (414) 229-4040