Topics Map > Office 365 > Calendar
Topics Map > Office 365 > Mac
Office 365 (Apple iCal/Calendar) - Set Event Recurrence
This document explains how to create a repeating meeting in Apple iCal (Mac OS 10.5-7) or Calendar (Mac OS 10.8-9) in Office 365.
Set Event Recurrence
iCal/Calendar provides a number of options to specify an event that recurs over some pattern. iCal/Calendar calls these options Repeat options. The options are: None, Every Day, Every Week, Every Month, Every Year with a Custom... option for more advanced settings. There is no option for repeating on some day per week, e.g., the 3rd Thursday of every month. You can set a time limit for when the repeat ends.
- You can modify the Repeat options of existing or new events. Select an event and view its Info. (See this KB document for steps to modify an event.)
- Click on whatever is listed to the right of Repeat: (by default this is set to None) to open the Repeat options.
- In OS 10.9, to open this view, click on the date of the event in the Info window.
- Select the desired repeat interval from the list or select Custom... and choose your desired repeat interval from the window that opens up.
- The repeat selection window will close automatically if you choose the default repeat steps. If you chose to customize the repeat options, there is an OK button to confirm your settings and return you to the event info window.
- Click on the End option that appears below the Repeat option and choose from either After or On Date to indicate when the event should end.
- Note: It is the recommendation of the Office 365 team to indicate an end to ALL events created in your calendar.
- When done click on the Done button on the Info window.
- In OS 10.9, click outside of the info window to close it or click on the "x" in the top left corner when you are finished editing the event.