How to obtain a license of MInitab
UWM’s Minitab license has changed to a “Named-user licensing” model. Each user of Minitab must now be assigned a license to use the software.
This change will allow Minitab users to use the software on both UWM computers and personal computers. Previously, Minitab could only be used on UWM computers.
Any student or employee who is NOT assigned a license will NOT be able to use Minitab.
How to get access to Minitab:
- To request a license of Minitab, login to the UWM Software Shop and search for the Minitab product. Once you have completed the purchasing process for Minitab, we’ll get a notification and add your UWM email to the University’s Minitab Portal License (Within 1-2 business days).
- Go to your UWM email and search for an email from "Minitab Customer Support <firstname.lastname@example.org>" (See image below for example)
Going forward, you will use your UWM credentials to sign into the Minitab application. Your Minitab license is associated with your UWM credentials, so signing in allows you to use the application anywhere.
If you have any questions in regards to how to install or license Minitab please visit Minitab’s support
The following Colleges have Minitab subsidized:
- College of Engineering & Applied Science
- College of Letters & Science
- Lubar College of Business