Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Topics Map > Software
MATLAB & Simulink software
MATLAB and Simulink software are available to all faculty, staff, and students at UWM at no cost. This includes all toolboxes and add-ons offered by Mathworks.
How to get MATLAB & Simulink Software
MATLAB & Simulink software can be installed on a UWM University computer (Windows or macOS) at no cost.
To request installation, please visit the UWM Software Shop and check out the product "MATLAB (subsidized) - University Use"
If you have administrator access to a UWM computer, you can use the instructions below under "personal computers" to install the software.
UWM students, faculty, and staff may install MATLAB & Simulink software on personal or home computers (Windows or macOS) at no cost.
- Go to University Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s MATLAB portal
- Scroll down to the middle of the page and click on the “Sign in to get started” button.
- Login using your UWM credentials.
- Create a free MathWorks Account and log in.
- Download the version of MATLAB you wish to use.
- Run the downloaded installer and select the products you want to install.
For assistance with creating a MathWorks account, signing in, and downloading software, you can contact Mathworks support.