LastPass Password Manager service
At UWM, the Office of Research has licenses for LastPass Premium that only Office of Research employees may use.
Support for the Office of Research license of LastPass is provided by Riley Hale and Shane Dunlap. For support, email: email@example.com
For commercial info, see: LastPass
Support info from GSOR ITA:
- We offer these to only to staff in the Office of Research (i.e. Office of Sponsored Programs, Office of Undergraduate Research, Information Technology and Analysis, and Human Resources & Budget)
- We do not offer accounts to staff in the Graduate School
- Access to LastPass is provisioned to new users as part of employee onboarding process
- User login is their UWM email address
- Upon provisioning, users will get an email from the system regarding setting up their account and master password
- Currently, each user sets their own master password (we’re looking into federated login)
- If needed, we can issue a master password reset for accounts
- There is a policy that geo-locks accounts to only enable login from the US and Canada (anyone traveling internationally wishing to use LastPass needs to notify us in advance with their travel plans)
- Accounts are de-provisioned by us as part of the offboarding process
- Shared passwords are available to OSP and OUR for access to everyone in those groups
- When staff are de-provisioned, they will immediately lose access to all shared passwords and are disassociated with our LastPass instance.
- After deprovisioning, they will be demoted to a “free” LastPass account and will still be able to log into LastPass using their UWM email address as the login and their master password. This should still work even after their UWM creds have been disabled. The free account will no longer have any GS/OR Enterprise policy applied to it.