GlobalProtect VPN for ChromeOS - Installation Instructions
Instructions on how to install GlobalProtect VPN on a computer running ChromeOS. Please note that GlobalProtect is a product of the company PaloAlto and you may see both names used.
1. On your Chromebook go to the Web Store or Google Play
2. In the search bar type GlobalProtect and hit Enter
3. Click on the add to Chrome button when GlobalProtect App is found
4. In the next window click on “Add app” button to add this application to your device
5. Open the Global Protect Application in your application menu
6. Enter remote-access.uwm.edu into the next prompt and click add connection
7. Verify your configuration is correct in this then close the application
8. Go to the bottom right hand corner, click on the clock, and then click the VPN button.
9. Click on the remote-access.uwm.edu setting under GlobalProtect
10. Enter your EpantherID and Password and click Connect
11. You will see the windows below when you have successfully connected.
12. Please remember to disconnect after you are done using the VPN.
For more information, refer to pages 39-44 of: GlobalProtect VPN User Guide (Palo Alto)