Topics Map > Web
Topics Map > Canvas
Canvas Support - Troubleshooting Guide: Missing Courses (Students)
This troubleshooting guide can be used by students and the UWM Help Desk to determine why a for-credit course is missing in Canvas.
Step 1: Check enrollment
- Did the student enroll in class today before 3:00 pm US Central time?
- Yes, yesterday or earlier - Proceed to Step 2
- Yes, today- Enrollment will be processed overnight, and the course should appear tomorrow morning. If by the following day, the course is still missing, proceed to Step 2.
- No - Enrollment will be processed tomorrow night, and the course should appear the following morning. If the course is still missing at that time, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Check Canvas
- Is the course listed on the Courses page?
- Yes - The student may wish to add the course to Dashboard by making the course a favorite.
- No - Proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Check with the instructor
- What is the official first day of the missing class in PAWS? (Time and Date calculator)
- More than 59 days in the future - The course is not yet available in Canvas. Please wait until the course is created before continuing.
- Otherwise - The student should contact the instructor-of-record of the course to verify the course is published and visible to students. If the instructor has published the course and the course is still not accessible, proceed to Step 4.
Step 4: If all else fails
- Students: contact Canvas Tier I support with your support request. Share this article and note that all steps have been reviewed to expedite your support experience.