Office 365 (Shifts) - Setting up a Schedule on Shifts (Desktop)
Article details how to create and manage a schedule on desktop client of Microsoft Shifts
Get started creating and managing shift schedules in Microsoft Teams.
Note: This is an early release of these features. We're frequently updating things, so the steps here might be a little different from what you see.
Use Shifts to manage shift schedules
In Shifts, managers create and manage employee schedules, and employees can update their availability, submit shift requests, and request time off.
Open the Shifts app
To open Shifts, click More apps > More options button > Shifts.
Create and publish a shift schedule
The first time you start Shifts, we’ll help you set up a shift schedule.
1. Select the team you want to make a schedule for.
2. Set the time zone for your team.
3. Watch (or skip) the tour that shows you the basics of scheduling shifts.
4. Add team members that you want to assign shifts to.
5. Create a shift by double-clicking the empty slot that corresponds to the person and date you want.
6. When you’re ready to share the schedule, click Share with team. All team members will be notified that they have new shifts.
Note: To create a schedule for another team, click the down arrow next to the team name and select Create schedule.