Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > OneDrive
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
Topics Map > Storage > OneDrive
Teams (How To) Accessing Files
This article will discuss how to access and edit your documents within the Files tab in Microsoft Teams.
Files is your file storage housed in Microsoft Teams. From here you have the ability to view and edit documents.
To edit a document:
- Select the file that you would like to edit in the working screen.
- On the right hand side of the file name click the (...) More options button.
- From here you will have various options for editing the document:
- Edit in Teams – This option is useful if you would like to edit your document in one place as it eliminates the need to open multiple different apps.
- Open in Browser – This option is useful if you would like to edit your file in the cloud, but do not like the look and feel of editing in the Microsoft Teams app.
- Open in Desktop App – This option is useful if you would like your file to automatically save and sync with Teams, and if you would like the full functionality of the respective program.
- Download – This is a useful option if you would like to download the document.
Note: If you edit the document, the changes will not be reflected in the document in the Teams app.
- Get link – This is a useful option if you would like to share a link to the document with someone.
- Select which method you would like to use for editing.
- Your file will open with the respective program and method that you selected.
This view shows all of the files that you have accessed recently.
This view shows all of the files that are in your teams.
This view shows all of the files that you have downloaded through Teams.
This view allows you to access all of the files that are contained in your OneDrive.