Topics Map > Office 365 > OneDrive
Topics Map > Storage > OneDrive
Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - How to access OneDrive for Business files from within Office 2013 suite on Windows
Using the Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Suite applications for Windows, you can "sign in" to your UWM Office 365 account from within the applications in order to interact with your OneDrive for Business library files. This will allow you to create, open, edit, and save Office files directly using these Office applications.
Signing in to your Office 365 OneDrive for Business space
1. Open any of the Office 2013 desktop applications (e.g.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). For this article, we will use Word 2013. Click Account and then select the Add a service drop-down under the "Connected Services" heading.
2. Click Storage then select Office 365 SharePoint.
3. On the "Add a service" screen, enter your UWM email address and then click Next.
4. On the "Sign In" screen, enter your UWM email address as the "User ID" and your password. Then, click Sign In.
Opening existing files from your UWM OneDrive for Business library:
1. Verify that you have successfully connected your UWM OneDrive for Business library by seeing "OneDrive - University of Wisconsin Milwaukee" under the "Connected Services" category on the Account screen in your Office 2013 application (Word is shown here):
2. Click Open on the left-hand side of the window, then click "OneDrive - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee", and then your UWM OneDrive for Business library contents will be shown on the right-hand column of the Window. You can then click the Browse button to look at a file.
3. Select a file from your OneDrive for Business library and then click the Open button: