Topics Map > SSC Campus > School Information
SSC Campus (Case Management) Tutor Center
Tutor Center gives you the ability to manage your tutoring location, whether you manage a drop-in only tutor center or a more complex center that accommodates both drop-ins and appointments.
Starting the Tutor Center
- Scroll to the bottom of any SSC Campus page to see Additional Modes listed in the right-hand corner. By clicking on the Tutor Center link, the Tutor Center Setup page will be opened.
- Note: Please contact your Application Administrator if you do not see Tutor Center listed under Additional Modes. They will need to add this access to your user role.
- Secondly, choose the location for this Tutor Center.
- Note: this page will only show the locations (e.g. tutor centers) that you have been given access to. Please contact your Application Administrator if you do not see your location listed.
- The Tutor Center mode will start once you select a location. You will now need to select a student to begin using the Tutor Center. To get started, simply enter a student's name, ID, or email address in the section that says, "Please Search to Select a Student".
- Click on a student's name to select them for your Tutor Center use. The screen will change once you select a name.
This section is for informational purposes only. This will display the student's name, email address and major.
All existing tutor appointments will appear in this section when a student is selected. From this section, workers will be able to check students in for their appointments. The grid will also display a list of appointments/drop-ins the student might already be checked in for.
Drop-in Tutor Visit
This section is used to check a student in for a drop-in tutoring visit. The first step is to select a course (only a list of the student's current courses will appear as available) or a student service from the drop down list. After a selection has been made, another drop down list will appear allowing for the tutor to be selected.
Some important notes on Drop-Ins
- Only those tutors who are currently available will be visible in the tutor selection list.
- N/A (Record Time) - This will always be the very first option available in the tutor selection list. This option should only be used if you do not care to track which tutor a student sees. For example, some tutor centers are so large, the only information they wish to track might be that a student showed up to receive assistance. Since this visit is not tied to a particular tutor, a tutor report cannot be filed.
Schedule an Appointment
The bottom section of the Tutor Center will allow a user to schedule a tutoring appointment for a student.
- Select either a course or student service for which the tutor appointment will be based.
- Use the calendar to select a date for the appointment.
- Find a tutor.
- Select a time for the appointment by clicking in the open box.
- Enter an optional "Appointment Comment" and click Submit.