Topics Map > Web
Topics Map > PAWS
PAWS - Grade Approvers in the Dean's Office
Instructors are now able to complete grade changes online. Once an instructor has submitted an online grade change and the department has approved it, the instructor will receive an email notifying him/her of the change. The approval of the online grade change is processed by completing the following steps:
- Log in to PAWS using your email address and password.
- At the top of page, click on Worklist.
- Click on the data (bluish in color) shown under the "Link" column. This leads to the Grade Change Approval page.
- Click on the arrow to review the available Grade Change Pending Approval choices. Select the appropriate action from the "Dean Approval Required" dropdown list.
- If the grade change is approved, select Approved, and then click the button. Return to the "Worklist" and click to remove the student from the "Worklist".
- If the grade change is denied, select Denied from the dropdown list. When denying, a denial reason must be entered in the "Denial Reason" field or an error message will be received. After entering the Denial Reason, click the button. The message above the dropdown list changes from "Grade Change Pending Approvals" to "Grade Change Complete".
- If there are more online grade changes to process, click on the button to go back to "Worklist" to choose the next student. Repeat steps 2 through 4.
NOTE: If the grade change is approved, an email will be sent to both the instructor and the student, informing them of the approval. If the grade change is denied, an email is sent only to the instructor informing them the grade change has been denied and the justification of the denial.