Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Office 365 - Outlook Desktop Client & Outlook on the Web (OotW)
Why not both? Two is truly better than one when you can have the full suite of functionality and the ease of mobility whenever you need them. Have your cake and eat it too! Install the Outlook desktop client on your primary computer and use Outlook Web Access (OotW) from your internet browser everywhere else.
The Outlook desktop client + OotW is recommended for those who...
- Need to complement full functionality with mobility.
- Prefer a desktop client for some tasks and the web for others.
- Occasionally need to schedule complex meetings.
- Must sometimes manage other email accounts.
- May require archiving, importing, exporting, and offline capabilities.
- Have frequent need for access on and off campus.
Keep in mind using the Outlook desktop client + OotW...
- Provides you with multiple options.
- Lets you choose how to access Office 365 based on the situation.
- Offers mobility and the ability to perform more complex tasks.
- Takes multitasking to a whole new level.
To install the Outlook desktop client and access OotW...
- Consult your UWM departmental IT support staff about installing Outlook.
- Download the installer from your Office 365 Settings in OotW.
- Log into OotW with your UWM email address and ePanther password.