Topics Map > Classrooms & Labs
Topics Map > CCL
Remote Lab Access Guide (Chrome OS)
Guide for Chromebook users accessing a UWM lab computer from an off-campus location using the Remote Labs service
Download Microsoft Remote Desktop
The Microsoft Remote Desktop application is required to access the remote computer.
1. Install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Google Play store.
If the Google Play store is not available use the following instructions to enable it.
If your device does not support the Google Play store an application called Xtralogic RDP Client is available from the Chrome Web store.
Unfortunately this application has a cost of $9.99. We recommend using the 1 week trial version first to ensure the application will work with your device.
Download and Connect GlobalProtect VPN
The GlobalProtect VPN Agent must be downloaded and connected before starting a remote lab session.
2. Download and install GlobalProtect VPN from either the Google Play store or the Chrome Web store.
3. Connect to the VPN following these instructions: https://kb.uwm.edu/100811
Begin a Remote Lab session
4. Navigate to the URL https://remotelab.ad.uwm.edu/
5. Log in using your ePantherID and password.
NOTE: do not include @uwm.edu. Doing so will prevent you from making a connection to the remote lab machine.
6. If you have multiple lab pools available, select the pool you require to proceed.
NOTE: Users that only require general lab access will not see the below screen and should proceed to step 7.
7. Click on Make My Reservation and a RemoteLabReservation download will begin.
8. Click on Connect to Remote Lab and a RemoteLabReservation.rdp download will begin.
9. Click SHOW IN FOLDER.
10. Click on the .rdp file that was recently downloaded and an OPEN dialog drop-down will appear.
11. Click OPEN and select the RD Client option.
12. Select CONNECT.
13. Enter in your ePantherID password and click OK to begin the Remote Lab connection.
End Remote Lab Session
Sign out when finished using the remote lab PC
14. Click the Windows Start button in the lower left corner.
15. Click on the person icon and Sign Out to end your session.
16. After disconnection we suggest deleting this RDP session, so you have a fresh start next time.