Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge

Transfer Students - Admitted Student Steps Flowchart

The following information outlines the steps Transfer Students should take after they have been admitted.

All deposits/fees can be paid via the following methods: In person at the UWM Office of Student Accounts, Mitchell Hall Room 285 with a check or debit card (no VISA), send a check in the mail to P.O. Box 500, Milwaukee WI  53201-0500 (include the student's name and campus ID number in the memo line of the check), or online via with Mastercard, American Express, or Webcheck.

Financial Hardship

Students may be eligible to use financial aid to cover the $150 Transfer Confirmation Deposit and/or $50 of the $100 Housing Contract Pre-Payment/Deposit ($50 of this fee cannot be deferred and must be paid out of pocket). Students may apply for this deferment if both of the following apply to them:

- Completed the FAFSA form (
- Received the Pell Grant as part of their financial aid award

Exceptions to these Fee Deferment requirements may be made in extreme cases. To defer one or both of these fees, contact the New Student Orientation Office at 414-229-5842 or Students are required to meet with a Financial Aid Advisor to discuss the future costs of college before a deferment is granted.

Keywordstransfer students, transferred   Doc ID44807
OwnerHelp Desk K.GroupUW-Milwaukee Help Desk
Created2014-11-11 14:16:35Updated2023-09-12 14:02:51
SitesUW-Milwaukee Help Desk
Feedback  0   0