The OneDrive sync client is available for those who prefer managing their files using a desktop application over a web browser. To use the desktop sync client, you must install it and sync your library. Once synced, your OneDrive for Business library will appear as a folder on your computer from which you can view, upload, and share.
The following instructions demonstrate how to install the OneDrive sync client and sync your UWM OneDrive for Business library on a University-owned
, Windows (7, 8.1, or 10) computer. Never install the OneDrive sync client and/or sync your library on a public computer. Doing so could jeopardize your account and files. If you must use a public computer to access your UWM OneDrive for Business library, use the web-based interface
and remember to log out when you're done.
- once on the website, click on the click here to download link
2. At the bottom of your web browser, there should be a box titled "OneDriveSetup.exe".Click the box to download the onedrive application onto your computer.
3. The OneDrive app will then be installed on your computer:
4. If you were previously using the legacy OneDrive for Business sync client to sync your UWM OneDrive for Business library, you do not need to continue to set up the new OneDrive sync client and the upgrade process is now complete.
You'll want set up OneDrive so that you can connect to your UWM Office 365 account.
1. If the "Set up OneDrive" window isn't already on your screen, then click the Start button, search for OneDrive and then open it:
2. In the "Set up OneDrive" window that appears, enter your UWM email address and click the "Sign in" button:
3. Enter your UWM email address and password in the text boxes and then click the "Sign in" button:
4. The resulting "This is your OneDrive folder" screen will appear and will show you where your OneDrive for Business sync folder is located on your computer. You can click the "Next" button:
5. In the "Sync files from your OneDrive" screen that appears, you can choose to check the "Sync all files and folders in my OneDrive" to sync the entire contents of your OneDrive for Business library, or choose individual folders under "Sync only these folders". Once you have made your selection(s), click the "Next" button:
6. The "Your OneDrive is ready for you" screen will appear and you can click the "Open my OneDrive - University of Wisconsin Milwaukee folder" button to show your OneDrive sync folder on your computer:
Depending on the number and size of files and folders you chose to sync, the initial sync process may take some time. This will also depend on the speed of your internet connection.