Use Software Center to install programs or updates
Applies to: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Use these steps to manually install software or updates advertised to your computer through the Software Center.
- Open the Software Center by searching for "Software Center" from a Windows search menu. This can include the Start Menu in Windows 7 or the search bars in Windows 8 and 10.
- In the Available Software tab, check the checkbox for the application(s) you want to install
- Click the Install Selected button to begin installing your software. Your application install progress will appear in the "Installation Status" tab.
- Software availability is determined by your IT service provider.
- Required updates will be installed automatically after their "required date" has passed.