Respondus 4 - About Respondus and How to Start
Learn about the Respondus 4 quiz management tool and how to start it on your computer.
What is Respondus 4?
Respondus 4 (or Respondus 4.0) is a quiz management tool. Quizzes can be created using a computer application instead of the browser. Quizzes can be imported into D2L without the use of a spreadsheet, or exported to a paper-style exam. Respondus 4 is capable of importing questions from textbook publishers into D2L. It can also be used to import questions into D2L from specially formatted Microsoft Word documents or text files. Also unique to the tool is the ability to export quizzes from D2L to other formats.
How to Get Respondus
Respondus 4 is available for individual purchase from the Respondus 4.0 Sales website. To purchase the software, consult with your UITS, your IT department, or speak to your academic unit's chair.
NOTE: UWM does not have a Respondus campuswide license. If your college, school or division is interested in a multi-seat license, contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
Respondus 4 System Requirements
Most Windows computers purchased after 2008 should work with Respondus 4.
- Computer requirements:
- Windows computer using Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- A Mac running Parallels with either Windows 7, 8 or 10.
How to Start or Launch Respondus 4
- Double-click the Respondus 4 icon on your desktop
- (For older versions of Windows) Click the Start Menu, then click Programs, then look for the Respondus folder. Then click the Respondus 4 icon.
- (For newer versions of Windows) Click the Windows icon, Then click Search. Type "Respondus". Once the Respondus icon appears, click it to launch.