Topics Map > Respondus 4
Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Quizzes and Surveys
Respondus 4 - How to Install Respondus
Learn how to install and setup Respondus 4.
To use Respondus 4, it must be installed on your Windows computer. Respondus 4 Campus-wide is available, which means the application is available for faculty and staff free-of-charge. There is currently no way to install Respondus 4 from Software Center.
Getting Respondus 4
Contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to get a download link and licensing information for Respondus 4. Once downloaded, install the application.
- Find the installation file that was downloaded to your hard drive (eg. Respondus4.exe)
- Double-click the file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once Respondus 4 is installed, the product must be activated. CETL will provide the necessary information at the same time the Respondus download is shared with you.
How to Start or Launch Respondus 4
Do one of the following:
- Double-click the Respondus 4 icon on your desktop
- (For older versions of Windows) Click the Start Menu, then click Programs, then look for the Respondus folder. Then click the Respondus 4 icon.
- (For newer versions of Windows) Click the Windows icon, Then click Search. Type "Respondus". Once the Respondus icon appears, click it to launch.
Activating Respondus 4
After starting Respondus, you will be prompted to enter the Institution Name, Support Contact and Activation Password. Consult the response by CETL for this information.
Choose a Personality
Once Respondus 4 is activated, you are prompted to select a Learning management system (LMS) “personality.” Respondus 4 offers various user environments (called “personalities”) that parallel the features and terminology used by specific learning management systems. Set the Personality to "D2L Brightspace" if your courses are in D2L. Set the Personality to "Canvas" if your courses are in Canvas. You may change the Respondus 4.0 personality at anytime. If the current file you are working on was created or imported with a different personality, a message will warn you of this and indicate that the file will be converted to the new designated Personality.