Office 365 - Office 365 services based on Affiliation
This document describes the subscription types a UW-Milwaukee affiliate may have and the applications/services these subscriptions have access to. Per the Microsoft licensing agreement, the account types listed below have access to the following applications within UW-Milwaukee's implementation of Office 365.
|Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts, Groups)||X||X||X|
|Office Online Apps (Word/Excel/PowerPoint Online)||X||X||X|
|Full List of Enabled Office 365 Features & Applications||X||X||X|
|Office Desktop Apps (Microsoft 365 Apps)||X||X|
|Teams Calling (VoIP)||X|
Microsoft has changed the licensing terms for our users regarding Office 365. To adhere to these terms, UWM is required to transition all users to match their new licensing model.
- If you are a UWM Faculty or Staff member, you will have access to all of UWM's Office 365 resources.
- If you are a UWM Student, you will have access to all of UWM's Office 365 resources EXCEPT Teams Calling.
- If you are Non-Student/Non-Faculty/Non-Staff (Sponsored Account, Annuitant, Emeritus, Visiting Scholar, etc.), you will have access to Microsoft Office Professional Plus if you are on an UWM computer. You will NOT have access to the Microsoft 365 Apps desktop applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.) and Teams Calling.
- If you hold multiple relationships with the University and AT LEAST ONE of them is Student, Faculty, or Staff, you will have access to all of UWM's Office 365 resources according to that relationship.
What Non-Student/Non-Faculty/Non-Staff should know:
- Use the online web applications (Word Online/Excel Online/Powerpoint Online, etc). You can find these applications in the Office 365 Portal after logging in: https://uwm.edu/office365/
- Use Microsoft Office in a campus lab
- Install other free text-editor software such as LibreOffice or OpenOffice (UWM is not responsible for providing support for these applications)
- Purchase a personal Microsoft Office product