Office 365 - Office 365 services based on Affiliation
This document describes the two subscription types a UW-Milwaukee affiliate may have and the applications/services these subscriptions have access to. Per Microsoft licensing agreement, the account types listed below have access to the following applications within UW-Milwaukee's implementation of Office 365.
(Sponsored Account, Annuitant, Emeritus, etc.)
|Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts, Groups)||X||X|
|Office Online Apps (Word/Excel/PowerPoint Online)||X||X|
|Full List of Enabled Office 365 Features & Applications||X||X|
|Office Desktop Apps (Office 365 ProPlus)||X|
- If you are a Student, Faculty, or Staff of UWM, you will have access to all of UWM's Office 365 resources.
- If you are Non-Student/Non-Faculty/Non-Staff, you will have access to all of UWM's Office 365 resources EXCEPT to the Office 365 ProPlus desktop applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook).
- If you hold multiple relationships with the university and AT LEAST ONE of them are Student, Faculty, or Staff, you will have access to all of UWM's Office 365 resources.
What Non-Student/Non-Faculty/Non-Staff should know
- Use the online web applications (Word Online/Excel Online/Powerpoint Online, etc). You can find these applications in the Office 365 Portal after logging in: https://uwm.edu/office365/
- Use Microsoft Office in a campus lab
- Install other free text-editor software such as LibreOffice or OpenOffice (UWM is not responsible for providing support for these applications)
- Purchase a personal Microsoft Office product