Teams (How To) Set a Delegate for your Phone
This article will provide instructions on how to set a delegate for your phone in Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams gives you the ability to add a delegate to answer or make calls on your behalf in Microsoft Teams. To set a delegate for your phone:
- Click on your person icon in the top right corner of your working screen.
- From the menu click the option for Settings.
- Under the option for General scroll to the bottom and select the button titled Manage delegates.
- Here you will have two different options People you support and Your delegates.
- Click on the tab titled Your delegates.
- In the search bar, type the name of the person who you would like to add as a delegate and click on their name, or once their name is highlighted press enter.
- From here select your desired permissions for Things this delegate can do on your behalf by checking or unchecking the boxes.
- Make calls
- Receive calls
- Change call and delegate settings
- Click Add.
- This person will now be set as your delegate and can do whatever you just gave them permission to do.
- Your new delegate will receive a chat message from you notifying them that you have set them as your delegate and outlining their permissions within your individual Teams phone system.
To edit or remove a delegate’s permissions:
- Follow the steps above, but instead of typing someone’s name in the search bar click the … (more options) button next to your delegates name.
- From here select the option to Edit permissions or Remove delegate.
- If you choose to Edit permissions make your changes and press Save.
If you are a delegate for someone else, you will see all the people you are a delegate for under People you support. From here you will have the following options based on how the person you support has you set up as their delegate:
- View permissions – Allows you to view your permissions as this person’s delegate.
- Change delegates – Allows you to add additional delegates for the person you support.
- Change call settings – Only available if the person you support gave you permission.