Microsoft 365 - Groups (Info) Groups Overview
Microsoft 365 Groups is a service developed with collaboration in mind.
The workspace comes with a shared inbox, calendar, document library, OneNote notebook, and Planner.
Groups works with the Microsoft 365 tools you use already so you can collaborate with your teammates when writing documents, creating spreadsheets, working on project plans, scheduling meetings, or sending email. You don't have to worry about manually assigning permissions to all those resources because adding members to the group automatically gives them the permissions they need to the tools your group provides. Additionally, groups are the new and improved experience for what we used to use distribution lists or shared mailboxes to do.
- Create a group in Outlook
- Join a group in Outlook
- Leave or unsubscribe from a group in Outlook
- Add and remove group members in Outlook
- Make Microsoft 365 groups public or private
- Delete a group
- Guest access in Microsoft 365 groups
- Have a Group conversation in Outlook (shared inbox)
- Schedule a meeting on a Group calendar in Outlook (shared calendar)
- Share Group files
- Notebooks (Shared OneNote notebooks)
Additional Microsoft 365 Group features
- M365 Groups (How To) Group Management Functions
- M365 Groups (Information) Group Email, Conversations, Calendars, Files, and Notebooks
- Microsoft 365 (Info) Microsoft Planner
- Microsoft 365 - Microsoft Teams
- M365 Groups (Information) SharePoint Storage for Groups
- M365 Groups (Information) Groups Mobile App Retired
- Microsoft 365 (Information) Groups & Teams Expiration