Office 365 (Groups) - Groups Overview
Groups in Office 365 let you choose a set of people that you wish to collaborate with and easily set up a collection of resources for those people to share.
Office 365 Groups is a service developed with collaboration in mind.
The workspace comes with a shared inbox, calendar, document library, OneNote notebook, and Planner.
Groups works with the Office 365 tools you use already so you can collaborate with your teammates when writing documents, creating spreadsheets, working on project plans, scheduling meetings, or sending email. You don't have to worry about manually assigning permissions to all those resources because adding members to the group automatically gives them the permissions they need to the tools your group provides. Additionally, groups are the new and improved experience for what we used to use distribution lists or shared mailboxes to do.
- Create a group in Outlook
- Join a group in Outlook
- Leave or unsubscribe from a group in Outlook
- Add and remove group members in Outlook
- Make Office 365 groups public or private
- Delete a group
- Guest access in Office 365 groups
- Have a Group conversation in Outlook (shared inbox)
- Schedule a meeting on a Group calendar in Outlook (shared calendar)
- Share Group files
- Notebooks (Shared OneNote notebooks)
Additional Office 365 Group features
- Office 365 (Groups) - Groups Administration
- Office 365 (Groups) - Group Email, Conversations, Calendars, Files, and Notebooks
- Office 365 - Microsoft Planner
- Office 365 - Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft 365 (Groups) - SharePoint Team Sites in Groups
- Office 365 (Groups) - Groups mobile apps
- Office 365 - Groups & Teams Expiration