macOS (managed) - Installing Canon Printers
Use these instructions to add Canon printers on a UWM-managed Apple macOS computer.
Adding a Canon printer using Self Service
Note: You must be on the UWM network or connected to the GlobalProtect VPN before following these steps.
- Open the Self Service application...
- Method 1: Click the Self Service icon in the dock
- Method 2: Open Spotlight (use keyboard shortcut Command + Space, then start typing "Self Service" and hit Return).
- Find the utility called Check for Advertised Printers and click the Check for Printers button.
- Self Service will close upon completion. Repeat step 1 to open it again.
- Click on the Printing category that now appears on the left.
- Install or re-install the desired printer by clicking the button.
- Printers are named for their building and room location. In the example below, "bol225a_PS" is for a printer located in Bolton 225
- The installed printer should be visible and available in "Printers & Scanners" on the System Preferences pane.