Global Protect VPN - How to connect (macOS)
How to connect to GlobalProtect VPN using Mac
View GlobalProtect VPN for macOS - Personal Mac Setup Instructions if you need to install the GlobalProtect client on a personally owned Mac.
1. Launch GlobalProtect from your Applications folder (press Command-SPACEBAR and type GlobalProtect into the search field. Then hit RETURN)
2. Click the Globe icon in the toolbar and click Connect. If asked to enter your portal address, type in remote-access.uwm.edu then click Connect.
3. When prompted, enter your UWM email and password to sign in. Note: If you have signed in on this device your username may be saved.
4. Authenticate using your desired method.
5. When asked if you would like to stay signed in, click Yes. You also have the option to check the box, Dont show this again.
6. If you are prompted to make changes to the System Certificate Trust Settings click Cancel.
7. In your default browser you will see the following screen.
8. In your browser window you will be asked if you would like to open GlobalProtect, click the option to Open GlobalProtect.
9. You are now connected to the GlobalProtect VPN. To disconnect, click on the GlobalProtect icon in the taskbar and click the Disconnect button.