Account - Creating a Sponsored Account
This article shows how a user affiliated with the school can create a sponsored guest account.
UWM's Identity and Access Management team has provided a comprehensive outline on how to create a Sponsored Account
Some information to note:
This form is for sponsoring University guests who need an ePantherACCOUNT. They may include visiting scholars, unpaid interns, volunteers, consultants or non-employees who serve in some capacity for a sponsoring department. They may also include non-UWM students or program participants such as Upward Bound or Pre-College.
While Identity and Access Management does do their best to accommodate a 48 business hour turnaround, there can be up to a two week turn around during times of high volume.
- For departmental use ONLY to request access to IT services for sponsored guests.
- For new instructor requests, please login at Registrar Utilities and select "Instructor" from the Other drop-down in the top menu bar.
- Please see the Obtaining Sponsored Wireless Access Page for Sponsored Wireless access.
- Employee or Student requests will be denied:
- UWM campus computing accounts can only be provisioned for formally verified users. Accordingly, before a request for a new employee account can be implemented, all HR forms and paperwork must be: (1) completed; (2) approved by the Personnel Representative (PREP) of the prospective account holder's division (school, college, or administrative department); and (3) entered by the UWM Campus' Department of Human Resources. This process is necessary to ensure the security of vital campus systems and to prevent unintended user account duplication. Please contact your division's Personnel Representative for further information.
- PREPs or authorized individuals may submit Sponsored Guest Account requests for new employees if paperwork is delayed. The IAM Team will create accounts one (1) week prior to the individuals start date. The account will expire after two (2) weeks if the paperwork is not submitted/completed.
- Student requests must go through the Registrar's Office.
- Please submit one form for each sponsored guest.