Microsoft 365 (OneDrive) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Windows on University computers
The OneDrive sync client is available for those who prefer managing their files using a desktop application over a web browser. To use the desktop sync client, you must install it and sync your library. Once synced, your OneDrive for Business library will appear as a folder on your computer from which you can view, upload, and share.
Installing the OneDrive sync client
1. On your University-owned Windows computer, place your cursor in the search box in your task bar and search for Software Center.
Note: If you are working remotely you will need to access the campus VPN to use the Software Center. To install and access VPN follow the linked instructions.
2. From the results, select Software Center.
3. From the Software Center, select OneDrive from the featured applications or search for OneDrive in the top right corner of your working screen.
4. Click the button to Install.
5. Once the installation is complete, follow Microsoft's instructions to Sync files with OneDrive in Windows.