M365 OneDrive (How To) Set Up OneDrive Sync User for Windows
The OneDrive sync user is available for those who prefer managing their files using a desktop application over a web browser. To use the desktop sync user, you must install it and sync your library. Once synced, your OneDrive for Business library will appear as a folder on your computer from which you can view, upload, and share. These instructions are for UWM-managed Windows computers.
Installing the OneDrive sync user
1. On your University-owned Windows computer, place your cursor in the search box in your task bar and search for Software Center.
2. From the results, select Software Center.
3. From the Software Center, select OneDrive from the featured applications or search for OneDrive in the top right corner of your working screen.
4. Click the button to Install.
5. Once the installation is complete, follow Microsoft's instructions to Sync files with OneDrive in Windows.