Follow these steps to set your default sharing permissions, share an email folder with other UWM students, faculty, or staff, and add a folder that has been shared with you using Outlook 2016.
2. Right-click your account name (i.e., email address) in the folders pane on the left side of the window and select Folder Permissions from the menu.
3. In the Properties window, select the Default name (if necessary) and check the Folder visible box near the bottom-right corner of the window.
Sharing a Folder
2. Right-click the email folder you would like to share and select Properties... from the menu.
3. Click the Permissions tab in the Folder Properties window and click the Add button.
4. Find and select the person you would like to share this folder with and click the Add -> button.
6. Adjust the persons' permission levels accordingly or manually configure his/her read, write, delete, and other access:
| Permission Level|| Description|
| Owner|| Full rights to the folder, including assigning permissions to others|
| Publishing Editor|| Create, read, edit, and delete all items, and create subfolders|
| Editor|| Create, read, edit, and delete all items, and create subfolders|
| Publishing Author|| Create and read items and subfolders, and edit and delete created items|
| Author|| Create and read items, and edit and delete items you create|
| Nonediting Author|| Create and read items, and delete items you create|
| Reviewer|| Read items only|
| Contributor|| Create items only (folder contents are not visible)|
|None||No permissions (you cannot open the folder)|
7. Click Apply and then OK to save the changes and close the Folder Properties window.
2. Right-click your account name (i.e., email address) in the folders pane on the left side of the window and select Data File Properties... from the menu.
3. Click the Advanced button in the Properties window.
4. Then, click the Advanced tab.
5. Click the Add button to specify a mailbox.
6. Type the email address of the person who shared a folder with you in the Add Mailbox window and click OK.
7. The account now appears in the list of additional mailboxes. Click Apply and then OK (twice).