Office 365 (Apple iCal/Calendar) - Create an Event
This document explains how to create an event with Apple iCal (Mac OS 10.5-7) or Calendar (Mac OS 10.8-9) in Office 365.
Create an Event
There are several ways to create a new event
Create Quick Event [+]
- There are three ways to start Create Quick Event:
- Click the Create Quick Event icon [+] at the top left of the iCal/Calendar window
- From the File menu select New Event
- Press on your keyboard Cmd-N (command key plus letter N).
- A pop-up box will appear below the Create Quick Event icon [+] at the top left of the iCal/Calendar window.
- In the window type the event title with optional time and date, e.g., 'Discuss product marketing today at 3:00pm', and press Return. iCal/Calendar will create a new event on the specified day at the specified time. After creation iCal/Calendar will open an Info pane showing the event details.
Click and Drag
- Open the calendar window and make sure you're in either the Day or Week view. Then click with your mouse, and drag downward for the desired period of time.
- A box will appear in the default calendar color with 'New Event' highlighted.
- Type the event title and press Return.
- The event with the title is created. To view and/or modify event details (including the calendar to which the event belongs), with the event selected, press Cmd-I or select Get Info from the Edit menu. iCal/Calendar will open the Info pane.