Office 365 (Teams) - Collaborate with external guests in Teams
Microsoft has begun to roll out the ability to add anyone as a guest in Microsoft Teams. This means that anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as Outlook.com, Gmail.com or others, can participate as a guest in Teams with full access to team chats, meetings and files. All guests in Teams are covered by the same compliance and auditing protection as the rest of Office 365, and can be managed securely within Azure AD.
How Do I Add a Guest to Teams?
- Find the Team you want to add your external team member to in Teams.
- Select the three dots on the right hand side of the Team name. From here, select "Add Members".
- Type in the external email address of the member you want to add and click "Add".
- Once you do this, a dropdown selection will allow you to add the member to the Team.
- Once complete, click close and the member is now part of that specific team.
Get more information by clicking here.