Office 365 (Outlook for iOS) - Access an Office 365 shared mailbox on iOS
The following article will explain how to access an Office 365 shared mailbox on an iOS device.
1. Begin by going to Settings, tap on Mail, tap on Accounts, and tap Add Account. Tap Other from the list of choices available at the bottom.
2. Once you tap Other, tap on Add Mail Account
3. On the New Account screen you fill in the following:
Name - The name that will be displayed to recipients on email Email - The shared mailbox's email (e.g., email@example.com) Password - Your personal email password Description - You can type whatever you wish to describe the account on your device
4. Select Next to continue. On the following screen, make sure that the account type highlighted is IMAP.
5. Scroll down to the Incoming Mail Server section. For this section you will enter the following:
Host Name - outlook.office365.com User Name - [Your ePanther username]@uwm.edu/the shared mailbox's name. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org/myshared) Password - Your personal email password.
6. Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server section, enter the following:
Host Name - smtp.office365.com User Name - [your ePanther username]@uwm.edu (e.g. email@example.com) Password - Your personal email password
7. Tap Next and allow your settings to be verified (this may take a while). When finished you will be allowed to select what you wish to sync. Select your options and tap Save.
8. You will find the shared account in your Mail app, under Mailboxes, with the description name you gave it earlier.