Office 365 (Outlook 2016) - Adding Accounts to Outlook (Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Live.com)
This article details how to add email accounts to the Outlook 2016 desktop client for Windows 10. These instructions may apply to previous versions of Outlook and Windows, but some variations may exist.
Adding an email account to Outlook 2016 for Windows 10 (Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Live.com)
1. To add an email account to Outlook 2016 you must first be sure that you have the Outlook desktop client installed on your computer. All students and faculty can download a free copy of Outlook 2016 (part of Office 365 Pro Plus). Download instructions for Microsoft Office 2016 software.
3. Open Outlook 2016. The icon looks like this:
4. Select the File tab in the upper-left corner of the screen, and then click on Add Account.
5. Enter your information in the required fields and then select Next.
6. When prompted, enter the password for the account your adding into the box that appears while Outlook is completing the setup. Click OK.
7. After you enter your password, Outlook will complete the setup process and you will see a confirmation of your account being added. Click Finish.
8. You will be prompted to restart the Outlook application. Click OK, close Outlook, and open it again. When Outlook opens this time, you will be prompted for the password for your UWM Office 365 account in addition to the account you just added. Both of these passwords are required for Outlook to update the content of these accounts.
9. Your newly-added account can be found on the left navigation menu, underneath your UWM Office 365 account. You should now be able to access the contents of both accounts within the same Outlook window.