As of July 27th, 2016, the office that was responsible for Internet services in the Residence Halls, ResNet, has been phased out in order to bring in the new University Housing Internet Service Provider, Apogee. This new ISP is now in full service for all residence halls.
Connection and Registration Instructions:
Contact Information for the ISP/Apogee
- After your laptop is connected to the myresnet WiFi, open your preferred web browser and you should be brought to the MyResNet portal.
- If you have never logged into MyResNet before, you will need to create a new account by clicking the blue 'Sign Up' button.
- The credentials that you choose for your MyResNet account do not have to be the same as the credentials you use for any UWM website.
- Note: The phone number you provide on your MyResNet profile is the phone number that MyResNet will use if they need to contact you. It would be best to leave a phone number that can be used to contact you directly.
- Students living in the Residence Halls will select the option stating "I'm a Resident. I need service for a full semester".
- Select the State as Wisconsin
- Select the City as Milwaukee
- Select the School as University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Select the Property as the residence hall you are living in
- Enter the room number you are living in
- Click on the blue 'Get Options' button. You will be given the choice of three internet packages to choose from. After choosing the 'Free' option, you can click on the blue button to create your free account. If you choose one of the other payment plans, you can click on the blue button to continue to 'Enter Payment Details'.
- If you have other devices (e.g. smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, etc.) that you would like to connect to the internet, you will need to add those devices to your profile in the 'Manage Devices' section.
- Note: You will only need to log into your account once through your laptop to connect all of your devices to the internet.
Phone: (855) 868-7158 (24 hours/day, 365 days/year, works across all UWM residences) Email: email@example.com Web: myresnet.com/support