Teams (How To) Accessing and Installing Teams App on a Mac Computer
This article will provide instructions for accessing the Microsoft Teams app on a Mac computer. It also provides instructions on how to install the Teams app on a computer that is not managed by the university, and how to login to the Teams app once installed.
Accessing Teams App on a Mac Computer
If you have a Mac computer that is managed by the university, you will already have the Microsoft Teams app installed on your device. Below are instructions on how to open Teams.
- Begin by placing pressing Command + Space on your keyboard to bring up Spotlight Search.
- Type in Teams.
- This will search your computer for the Teams app and the icon to open Teams will appear.
- Click on the icon for Teams
- This will open Teams and you will be prompted to login with your UWM credentials.
Logging in to Teams Desktop App
- Begin by opening the Teams app
- In the text box that says Sign-in address enter your UWM email and click Sign in.
- This will open a new window for you to enter your UWM password
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Confirm your identity via your desired Duo security method (Push/Code entry).
- This will open Teams and you are ready to begin.
Installing Teams App
- Begin by signing into Office 365 online.
- From your Office 365 home page click on the link for Teams.
- You can also access Teams by clicking on the app launcher in the top left corner of your window.
- This will open Microsoft Teams online.
- From here, click on the button to Get App in the left navigation panel.
- This will begin downloading the Teams installation package.
- Once the download is complete click on the download file.
- This will open the Microsoft Teams Installer which will guide you through the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Select Install for all users of this computer as a destination for your software to be installed.
- Click Continue.
- You will receive a warning about how much space the installation will use on your computer.
- Click Install.
- A small window will appear for you to enter your password.
- Enter your password and click Install Software.
- Note: If you get to this step and you receive an error message you most likely have a university managed device and should contact the UWM Helpdesk for assistance.
- This will run the installation.
- When the installation is complete you will get a message that the installation was successful.
- Click Close.
- A small window will appear asking if you want to move the Microsoft Teams Installer to the trash.
For assistance logging into or installing the Teams App please contact the UWM Help Desk: