TurningPoint Clickers - First Time Account Creation, Connecting With Canvas or D2L and Registering a Device
This article shows how an individual can register their clicker if its needed in their class. It also demonstrates how to associate your account with D2L to ensure grades are transferred.
Before you begin
These instructions will guide you through the process of creating your account, and associating your account with Canvas or D2L. Also on this page are instructions to associate a physical clicker to your account, and assign a license to your account.
You only need to register for an account once, but failing to do so may mean your responses will not be recorded as grades in Canvas or D2L, which can affect your grade and prevent you from participating in-class.
You must have a license for grades to be saved to Canvas or D2L.
Did you accidentally create a second account? Did you not use your UWM email address? Contact Turning Technologies support.
Create an account and link it with Canvas or D2L
- Login to your Canvas or D2L account, then click the name of your course in the My Courses list.
- Go to Content in your course. You should see a link similarly named "TurningPoint Cloud Integration" (for D2L) or "TurningPoint" (for Canvas) something similar. Click that link.
Is your course missing a link? You can create an account by visiting the Turning Technologies account website. Be aware that if your instructor grades participation, you should notify your instructor that you couldn't find a link.
- Don't have a Turning Technology account? Enter your UWM email address. Then click "Create an account".
Do you have a Turning Technologies account? Click the Sign In link and enter your password and skip to step 6.
- When you enter your email, a verification message will be sent to your UWM email address. Look for the message and click the registration link in the email.
- Enter the information requested and set a password. It is important to select "Student" as your role.
- When prompted, enter your clicker device ID and/or your digital license. Then, click the Finish button.
Don't own a clicker? Just click the Next button and then the Finish button to go to the dashboard.
- Your account should now be created, and associated with Canvas or D2L.
Registering a Phyical Device (Device ID)
If you are using a physical clicker, and you did not add a clicker when you created your account, you can assign a Device ID to your account.
- Login to Turning Technologies by using your courses TurningPoint Integration link (on D2L) or TurningPoint link (on Canvas), or visit the Turning Technologies account website.
- Enter the Clicker ID in the field and click the Add button. Alternatively, you can click on the Purchase Clicker button to purchase your very own clicker.
- You can also download the TurningPoint Mobile Application and sign in to your account within the application. This will automatically register your Mobile ID.
Your physical clicker device should now be registered with your Turning Technologies account.
Add a license to your Turning Technologies account
Adding a digital license will allow your physical device to be used for grades in your course.
- Login to Turning Technologies by using your courses TurningPoint Integration link, or visit the Turning Technologies account website.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions heading.
- Enter the Subscription Code and click on the Redeem button. Alternatively, you can Purchase a Subscription.
If you have a physical clicker, you can now use it in-class.
Do you need further help?
Visit the UWM Help Desk for walk-in clicker help in Bolton 225. You can also contact Turning Technologies support for further assistance.
Escalation: HD1 > HD2: Recommend that the client should go to our Walk-In lab for Bolton 225 for clicker assistance. This is where HD2s have a TurningPoint Receiver to troubleshoot clicker issues.
Cherwell Classification: Educational Technology > Clickers > Clicker Registration