One of the most useful features of Mac OSX is the ability to speak to your Mac and have it translated into text. This document is a basic overview of that functionality.
1. Open the System Preferences application.
2. Click on Dication & Speech.
3. In this window you can :
- Choose the audio input
- Toggle dictation on or off
- Enable Enhanced Dictation
- Choose the language
- Choose the shortcut to use dictation.
4. In any place you would normally place text, you can now enter the shortcut and dictation will engage.
More information about this can be found here.