Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > OneDrive
Topics Map > Storage > OneDrive
Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - How to access OneDrive for Business files from within Office 2016 suite on Mac
Using the Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Suite applications for Mac OS X, you can "sign in" to your UWM Office 365 account from within the applications in order to interact with your OneDrive for Business library files. This will allow you to create, open, edit, and save Office files directly using these Office applications.
Signing in to Office 365
1. Open any of the Office 2016 desktop applications (e.g.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.). For this article, we will use Word 2016. Then, click Sign In.
2. Enter your UWM email address in the "Sign in" text box and then click Next.
3. In the Office 365 log in screen, enter your UWM email address and password and then click Sign in.
Opening existing files from your UWM OneDrive for Business library:
1. Verify that you have successfully signed in to your UWM Office 365 account by seeing your name and UWM email address on the left side of the "Open" screen in your Office 2016 application (Word is shown here):
2. Under the "Open" column on the left-hand side of the window, click OneDrive - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and then your UWM OneDrive for Business library will be shown on the right-hand column of the Window. You can navigate your file/folder structure and select any Word document to open:
Saving a new document to your UWM OneDrive for Business library:
1. Create a new document in your Office application (Word is shown here). Once you are ready to save it, click on File.
2. Click Save As on the "File" drop down menu.
3. Verify that your OneDrive - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee library is selected in the "Browse" column on the left-hand portion of the screen. Then, you can select one of the pre-populated locations from your UWM OneDrive for Business Library on the right-hand portion of the screen, such as "Documents", or click on OneDrive - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to select other locations in your library.