Clear cache, cookies and history on mobile devices
This document explains how to clear cache, cookies, and history for browsers on mobile devices.
The steps for deleting website data may differ depending on the device, however these steps should be sufficient in most cases.
- Go to Settings and choose Apps or Application Manager.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- Select your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, other).
- Tap on Storage
- Tap Clear Data and then Clear Cache.
Chrome (v66.0.3359.158) for Android (8.1)
- Open up the Chrome Application.
- Tap Chrome Menu (small three dots in upper right hand corner), and then Settings.
- Scroll down to (Advanced) Privacy.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data and then click the checkbox next to Cookies and site data.
- Tap Clear Data
Firefox (v60.0.1) for Android (8.1)
- Open up the Firefox Application
- Tap on the Firefox Menu (small three dots in upper right hand corner), and then Setting
- Scroll down to Clear private data.
- Check or uncheck all the items that you wish to clear out. These include browsing history, downloads, cookies and active logins, cache, etc.
- Once you have made your selection, tap on Clear Data to clear these off your device.
Safari for iOS
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data.
Chrome for iOS
- Tap Chrome Menu, and then Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Select whatever you wish to clear from the browser.