Andover - Making IE 11 Compatible with Andover
When Internet Explorer 11 has been installed on a PC, the Andover web application will no longer work. This document tells you how to fix the problem and make Andover compatible with IE 11.
Check to make sure your problem is being caused by IE 111. Click the gear icon in your menu bar and then click About Internet Explorer.
2. Note: If you do not see the "Help" menu, tap the ALT key on your keyboard to show the menu bar. Also, at any point, if an ActiveX installation prompt is presented along the bottom of the screen, it will need to be installed. Clients without Administrative rights who are using managed devices may need to contact their IT department to have the ActiveX plugin installed.
If you see you are running IE 11 continue with these instructions.
Configure compatibility settings1. In Internet Explorer, go to the Andover login page (https://andover.uwm.edu/WebClient):
2. Press the F12 key or select F12 Developer Tools from the Tools menu.
3. Select the Emulation tab and set Document mode to 8:
4. Press the F12 key or select F12 Developer Tools from the Tools menu again to close the Developer Tools.
Add uwm.edu to the Compatibility View sites list
1. Click the gear icon in your menu bar and then click Compatibility View Settings:
2. Enter uwm.edu into the Add this website: box and then click the "Add" button then click Close:
Modify the trusted sites list and zone security level in Internet Explorer
1. Click the gear icon in your menu bar and then click Internet Options:
2. Click the Security tab, then click the Trusted sites green check mark, then click the Sites button:
3. In the Trusted sites window, make sure that https://andover.uwm.edu/WebClient is entered into the Add this website to the zone: box (it may already be pre-populated), then click the Add button then click the Close button:
4. Adjust the slider under the Security level for this zone to Low and then click the OK button: