Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
Microsoft 365 Teams Calling - Phone number/Change Request Process
Following the completion of a phone number assignment, individuals or areas may request a new phone number based upon business needs. Criteria for issuing a new number include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Area code is incorrect for physical location of an individual or area.
- Number was previously used by an individual or area and was incorrectly assigned.
- Security, legal or other safety concerns. e.g., harassment, etc.
- Area has a business need for special number extension e.g., 5000, 5050, 4545.
All changes should be requested through the UWM Help Desk by calling 414-229-4040, emailing email@example.com or by clicking here to submit an online support request. Please provide information on the change being requested and details of the business need for the change.
Terms and Conditions
For Teams Phone Number Change Requests
- The UWM Cloud Services and Applications team should respond within 5 university business days to acknowledge a change request via email.
- The UWM Cloud Services and Applications team should complete the change within 10 university business days from the time the change request was acknowledged to complete approved changes.
- Exceptions to the above should be communicated to the requestor as soon as possible.