SSC Campus - Case Management: Notes
Notes are a great way to attach commentary in addition to Advising Reports to your students' profile pages and keep track of any information about that student that may be outside of an advising appointment. Notes and Advising Reports are currently the only method of attaching a file to a student's profile. Most commonly you can file a note from your Home tab or via the Search tab.
To Add a Note:
- Check the box nest to a student's name and click Add a Note on this Student.
- Enter the text for your note.
- Enter a Note Reason (optional). Note Reasons are used to categorize notes for easy reference. These reasons are created and set by your Application Administrator.
- Attach a file (optional).
- Select the proper permissions and visibility settings.
- Click Save Note.
- Viewable only by author of note. Checking this box makes this note only visible to you. Not checking this box allows any user with the "Note View" permission to see this note. If you don't see this option available your Application Administrator may have it disabled.
- Viewable by student. Allows the student to view this note.
- Show on Printed Student Report. Checking this box includes this note in the Student Development Report.