Office 365 (Apple iCal/Calendar) - Invite a non-Office 365 attendee
This document explains how to invite someone who doesn't use Office 365 to a meeting using Apple iCal (Mac OS 10.5-7) or Calendar (Mac OS 10.8-9).
Invite a non-Office 365 attendee
There are several ways to invite someone to an event. These steps are also available when you first create an event.
- In iCal/Calendar, double-click the event to which you want to invite people and the Info window will open (or from the menu bar select Edit -> Edit Event or Get Info).
Type email address and/or name
- Click Add Invitees and type the email address for the person you want to invite.
- If you’re inviting someone whose contact information is stored in Address Book start typing the person’s name. iCal/Calendar provides a list of contacts.
- Select the contact you want, and then press Return to select it.
- Use Address Panel
- Choose Window -> Address Panel to open the Address panel.
- Select one or more contacts in the Address panel, and then drag them over the open event editor
- To remove a person from the invitees list, click the arrow next to the email address and choose Remove Invitee, or select the email address and press the Delete key.
- When you’re ready to invite these guests to your event, click the Send button at the bottom of the event editor.
Escalation: If you have further questions, talk to a supervisor or HD2.
Cherwell Classification: Hardware & Software > Operating System > Mac