Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - Migrating UWM Email from Office 365 to Gmail
This guide will explain how to set up IMAP in Gmail so that you may use Outlook 2016 for Mac to transfer large amounts of email from your UWM Email account to Gmail.
1. Login to Gmail.
2. Click the account button (circle in the upper right-hand corner), and select My Account.
3. Click on Signing in to Google on the resulting screen.
4. Click on App passwords
5. Under the Select the app and device you want to generate the app password for, choose Other. Type in a name and click Generate.
6. You will be given an app password to use. Copy it as you will need it later to sign into your Gmail account in Outlook.
Adding the Gmail account to Outlook 2016:
1. Launch Outlook 2016, click the Tools tab and select Accounts.
2. Click the "+" (plus sign) button near the bottom left of the window and click New Account.
3. Enter the Gmail account email address and click Continue.
4. You will be prompted to type in the password. Paste or type in the app password that you generated earlier. Click Add Account when finished.
5. Your Gmail account should now be at the bottom of the list of the list of folders in the left column and you should be able to drag and drop individual emails or email folders between the two accounts.