This knowledge document lists common questions and answers for PantherList issues.
Why can't I log into pantherLIST?
Why are e-mails being moderated?
- Password issue: ePanther and ePanther password is used to log into pantherLIST. ePanther password can be reset at epanther.uwm.edu.
- Browser issue: Safari does not work with PantherList. Make sure your browser is accepting cookies from pantherLIST, or try a different browser.
- The e-mail sent to the list moderators will contain the reason why the message has been moderated.
What are name regulations for pantherLIST?
Should I use a group account or a pantherLIST?
- Lists must include a hyphen "-" to distinguish them from group or personal accounts.
How long after creating a pantherLIST do I need to wait to use it?
- PantherLISTs are highly recommended over group accounts and in most instances should be used instead of a group account. PantherLISTs will bypass the additional step of them having to log into another account. They can set up an effective filter and have a folder that would basically operate the same as a group account.
Where can I see my ownership information for pantherLIST?
- Up to three hours after the creation of the list.
- Replace [listname] with the actual list name. https://listserv.uwm.edu/mailman/listinfo/ [listname] This will bring you to the list info page where the owner information will be listed on the bottom left hand side of the screen. This information is publically available on this page so we can give it out freely.
How do I manage List Owners/Moderators?
- Underneath the "Manage Your PantherLists" section, click on "Edit or View List Properties". It will ask you what list you want to manage. Scroll down to List Owner's to remove or add the email of a list owner. The same thing can be done for List Admins.