Topics Map > Office 365 > Calendar
Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Organize your calendar with color categories
If you keep a lot of appointments and meetings on your Outlook calendar, adding color categories lets you scan and visually associate similar items. You might assign all personal items to the green category and all important items to the red category
Assign Calendar Color Categories
- Select Calendar from the bottom-left of the Outlook client.
- Create a new appointment or select an existing one to modify it.
- Click on Categorize.
- The quick menu will appear for you to select your desired color category for that appointment.
When you assign a color category, that color is used as the appointment's background color on that calendar grid.
Modify Existing Color Categories or Create New Color Categories
- Click on Categorize, and then click All Categories... to bring up the Color Categories menu.
- Click New... to add a new category. Pick a new color and name the category of your choice.
Tip You can assign shortcuts to any of the color categories consisting of hitting CTRL + any of the F# keys. After clicking an appointment, meeting, email message, or contact, you can then use the shortcuts assigned to quick assign any of these things to your color categories.