Topics Map > Security
Topics Map > Accessibility
Topics Map > Account > Multi-Factor Authentication
Microsoft MFA - YubiKeys
1. In your web browser (Chrome or Edge), navigate to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info. Enter your UWM O365 log-in and password and conduct your multifactor authentication steps as prompted.
2. From the Security Info page, select Add method:
3. From the drop-down menu, select Security key:
4. Click the Add button:
5. You may be prompted to sign in with two-factor authentication. Click Next if prompted to do so:
6. After authenticating (if prompted), click USB device:
7. Click Next at the Have your key ready prompt:
8. Click OK at the Security key setupdialog window. You may be prompted to set a PIN on your security key if one is not already set.
9. Click OK at the Continue setup dialog window:
10. Touch your security key when prompted (the light on it may also flash):
11. Enter a name for your security key and then click Next:
12. At the You're all set! dialog window, click Done:
13. You should now see the YubiKey listed as a Security Keymethod listed along with your other authentication methods on the Security info page:
1. In your web browser (either Chrome or Edge), go to the O365 home page or another UWM site (e.g., Canvas, pantherLIST, etc.) that requires log-in and enter your UWM O365 log-in and click Next:
2. On the Enter password dialog screen, click Sign in with a security key:
3. Enter the PIN for your security key and then click OK:
4. Touch your security key when you are prompted (the light on it may also flash):
You will then be simultaneously signed in and authenticated.
For additional UWM information regarding MFA, please access: https://uwm.edu/technology/digital-id/