Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Printing: Remove stuck print jobs from a printer queue
A stuck print job in a print queue can sometimes stop all subsequent jobs from printing. Use these directions to clear the stuck job from the queue.
Instructions for a Windows 10 computer
- Use one of these methods to open the Settings menu in Windows
- Press Windows Key + i to open the menu using the keyboard shortcut.
- From your desktop, click the Start button and then the Settings icon
- In the Settings menu, select Devices
- In the Devices menu, select Printers & Scanners from the left-side navigation bar
- In the list of your printers and scanners, click on the printer with the stuck job, then click Open queue
- In the printer's job queue, find the stuck job you want to cancel.
- Right-click on the stuck job and select Cancel
- If you are prompted to confirm cancelling the job, click OK.
- The job is removed from the queue.
If these instructions don't work...
- Contact IT support for help.
- If your stuck job is printing to a UWM shared network printer, you may not have permission to delete jobs. IT support can clear the jobs for you.
- If the job won't leave the queue even though you have tried cancelling it, there may be a problem that IT can help resolve.