D2L ePortfolio - How do I move my UWM D2L ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn?
This article lists the steps to moving your UWM D2L ePortfolio presentation, artifacts and assets to the myDesire2Learn platform so presentations can be shared, and portfolios can be updated after the D2L end-of-life after June 29, 2020.
What is myDesire2Learn?
MyDesire2Learn is a vendor-hosted ePortfolio service for students who are graduating or who are leaving the institution where they originally created their D2L ePortfolio.
Students can retain their existing ePortfolio items or continue to develop their ePortfolios by following the instructions in this article. There, they can continue to collect artifacts, create presentations, and share their evidence of achievement with others.
How to move my ePortfolio
- Visit myDesire2Learn and create an account. The password you use should be different than the username and password you use for UWM.
- Click the Register link at the top of the page, under the Username field.
- Provide requested information. Do not use the username and password you use for UWM. Be sure to use a non-UWM email address for your account.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. Open the email and follow instructions to complete registration.
- Login to D2L
- In D2L, from the My Home page, click the "Export ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn" link in the navigation bar.
- Ensure "Automatically include associated items" is checked.
- Click the "Add Items" button to select your presentation and other items to move to myDesire2Learn. Selecting a Presentation will automatically select other assets attached to your presentation.
- After selecting all items, click the blue "Add" button.
- Click the "Export" button. A new window will open.
- When prompted, enter the username and password created in Step 1.
- You will be prompted to accept permissions.
- Click the checkbox "Do not ask me again for this application".
- Click the "Continue" button.
- Your ePortfolio will be exported automatically.
To export additional ePortfolio items, click "Export ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn" and follow steps to select resources and export. To view and share your ePortfolio from myDesire2Learn, visit the myDesire2Learn website and login with your username and password.