LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) - How to activate your account
This article walks through the steps for a Lynda.com user to activate a LinkedIn Learning account after the migration.
On August 26, 2019, Lynda.com is upgrading to LinkedIn Learning. After the upgrade, you will no longer access content on Lynda.com, instead, you will access the same content on LinkedIn Learning.
Account migration for the upgrade will happen on August 26, 2019. During this time, you will not have access to Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning. Once your account migrates, you will receive an account activation email message from LinkedIn Learning.
If you did not receive an account activation email message on August 27, 2019, check your Clutter folder to see if it was delivered there. If the account activation email is not in your Clutter folder, visit the LinkedIn Learning Activation Link. After clicking this link, follow steps 4-10 below.
Follow the steps below after you have received the migration email from LinkedIn Learning to activate your account and migrate your Lynda.com history and progress to LinkedIn Learning.
1. Locate the activation email from LinkedIn Learning; the message is from firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject is: University of Wisconsin Milwaukee has given you access to LinkedIn Learning. It will look like the screenshot below:
2. Click the button in the email that says Activate account now.
3. This will take you to the LinkedIn Learning sign-in page. Type in your email address and click Continue.
4. The next screen is the UWM 1Login page, type in your ePantherID and password and click Login.
5. On the LinkedIn Learning Welcome page, click Continue without LinkedIn. If you would like to connect your LinkedIn account, you can click Connect my LinkedIn account.
6. On the confirmation window, click Do not connect my account.
7. Next, personalize your learning by clicking the Sounds good button.
8. Choose from the available categories.
9. Within a category, choose relevant skills and click Continue.
10. Your account is now activated in LinkedIn Learning. Your Lynda.com history and progress has migrated over to the new system and you can continue learning where you left off.